Monday, October 16, 2006

Chess

Back in Bosnia, Mostar we had a great night of chess.
Just outside the high school.....which I might add looked like the left overs of an intense round of target practice! Hahha, every students dream, eh!?......Ammon and I spotted a chess set with knee high pieces on the little sidewalk square. When we started there was no one around to watch us. Standing in the light of the setting sun we stood no longer as allies but as mortal enemies!! He was going DOWN!!! To be honest, I don't take it seriously and I have no strategy at ALL when it comes to chess. Hahha, actually we are both miserable at the game and it was all for fun anyway. Although, as a guy I don't think Ammon could have handled losing, especially to a girl. So by the end I was throwing my pieces out in the open for him to slaughter. I always go for the kill even if it means his pawn for my horse, heheh. I wanted to help him by putting myself in checkmate but apparently you can't do that. What kind of stupid rule is THAT?!?!? I was, surprisingly, winning for a while but then.....I was getting expert help. As we played a little crowd of old men formed and they tried and tried to give me advice for my next moves. Hhahhaha, you should have seen their confused faces when they saw how I played. I had all of the cute old men in their suits and top hats sitting on the bench shaking their heads at me. Oh well.
In the meantime, mom had a rather charming man flirting with her on a different bench, hahahahahhahahahahahah. Oh MAN! I have never seen something sooo funny in all my life! The guy said "Hello, blah blah blah, are you friendly?" Of course mom figures he was asking if WE are nice people so she answered "Yes." and then he put his arm around her and she jumped up fully alert and said "Not with YOU!!!!" Hhahah. WOW. And then he asked her if he could eat the half eaten chocolate bar that was on the seat beside her (he thought it was hers). She didn't know what to say but "ummmm...yes?" hahahahha and he ate it. But the funny thing was that Bre had picked it up from behind a tree (she needed a marker for one of the chess pieces) and didn't know what to do with it so she put it down on the seat. When we were leaving to go back home mom said to us "Geez, I hope he doesn't get sick and die from that chocolate :S" Ok, we have a big line up of blogs coming your way since we are soooo far behind and are moving so quickly. Keep checking in regularly guys.
Miss you,
Safarie (Aka Savannah because my name was stolen by my new first cousin once removed)

3 Comments:

At 12:47 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Hey Savannah,
Take it as a compliment! Besides your not the only Savannah in the world and not the last! It's a great name!
Sarah :)

 
At 8:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello stranger,
Hard to say I miss Safarie....

 
At 10:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww!! that's cute...well i hope it was a good game..i bet dad would be proud of you playing his favourite game!!!
and good job mom...you should wait for dad...don't let any guy get in the way....trust me it'll be worth it!!! tee hee
well i hope you guys are just fine
i miss you guys love you
Ter Bear

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home