Monday, February 19, 2007

Leaving Soon

Wow, I can't believe what this has turned into. Originally we thought that we would be home for only a month and now it's coming up to 4!! Within the four months that I have been home, I have finished a couple of courses and written the provincials. I was able to completely skip grade 9 and some of the stuff I hadn't finished from grade 8 as well. Math was BRUTAL because I never learned the math for grade 9. I want to give a big THANKS to Sandra. I never would have pulled through without her!! She came over at least twice EVERY week to come help and teach me and she doesn't live close by. She is so great! I am going to try and do one more course before leaving in six weeks.
I am both happy and sad about going away again but I am trying to stay excited and not think TOO much about the whole situation. I am excited to see the sun again and I won't be missing the rain. I often think back on my travel stories and all of the experiences I had. I think of the days where I thought I would never survive and how I thought I would never come home. Now it is just a memory and I am blown away when I think that it was nearly TWO YEARS ago that I was dreading leaving my home and my friends..... It's interesting to see how far I've come and how much I've changed. Before I never would have guessed that I'd be travelling around the world with my family....and now I'm surprised to actually be EXCITED about it. I have to admit though, that I have some mixed feelings and I know that sometimes you have to make sacrifices. I'm terrified but thrilled, dreading but anxious and I am not looking forward to the pain but I'm pumped for the adventures I'll find myself getting into.
I hope that you guys will keep reading our blog and looking at the pictures once we're gone. I already miss you guys.......and I'm not even gone yet!
Savannah

1 Comments:

At 6:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Savannah, You are truely a star! Once again,who could be able to catch up a year work within a few month? You skipped a grade, doing more than one subject, trying to fit yourself here again, also with all the holiday temptations.. and you are only 16? I am really proud of you! I know no one needs to worry about you (OK No, we all need to think of you, email you, wait for you when you are away!) and about your study down the road. You are just smart, willing to learn...you always have a goal and never stop trying to reach your high standard. Who you need to thank most is yourself! Great Effort!
You are still working hard now, right? (Few more weeks, you will be free!)
Take care and love you always.
Big sis
P.S. We have to see again before you leave and we have to burn the assignments and notes. (not in grandma's house)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home