Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Messed up schedule

Well, it seems that we have picked the perfect hotel for the family to stay in. For those of you that know us, we have always been a late night crew and this hotel (the same we've always been in and is in the videos) is perfect. It only has 22 beds and most of the people that stay there are Japanese and/or long-termers like us that don't do the touristy thing everyday. Consequently, everyone stays up really late. Last night I slept at 5am and my whole room was still up (and I am in a different dorm because our group is too big). It'll be convenient because Ramadan is starting soon. Ramadan is the holy month where all Muslims are not supposed to eat, drink and a bunch of other things during daylight hours. Everyone is supposed to be really grouchy and travel is a horrible idea during that time generally so most tourists try to avoid countries like this during Ramadan. Funny enough, in true human form, rather than suffer through the restrictions, pretty much the entire country just becomes as nocturnal as possible during the month. We are already prepared. Hopefully we won't be here long to deal with it but we are still waiting on the Libyans and that could take a little time. We are preparing an exciting next leg for you guys though.
I promise this is the last you'll hear of me complaining about Egypt. The video is just a collection of our thoughts and comments on the crap we've dealt with here. Just the tip of the iceberg but you get the idea.





Ammon

5 Comments:

At 5:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I never really imagined that there would be many Japanese people in Egypt. But I guess if anyone knows how adventurous the Japanese can be, it would be our family! There's so many I miss when I think about it! Bro, do you still keep in touch with Kaz or Ducky?
Skylar

 
At 7:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

SOLUTION TO YOUR EGYPTIAN PAIN? "ESCAPE THE GOOD LIFE"! QUIT COMPLAINING, who is holding you hostage?

 
At 3:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very sad,the truth,but sad.I am so sorry for U guys and even more sorry for Egypt to be like that.
A common culture here called "FAHLAWA" and basically it is how to cheat and get as much as U can for free.
Girls...so sorry for what U been through. Sexual harassments for girls in streets is a very disgusting common behavior.
Finally, a lot of tourists come in first class flights,using fancy air conditioning buses,leave very happy,but U guys tried to explore the real Egypt... I think you did.

- Yosteen

 
At 2:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous saying "QUIT COMPLANING," words 4 u: yes, this such a good idea!!! When a problem is in the world, no one should speak, evryone has 2 b silent and go away. NO - this is why the world is how you find it 2day. I have many friends from outside Egypt and all say the same things. No one works to save their money so they can get robbed and treated badly by people somewhere else. Instead of trying to cover up problems like every person doing, maybe if some 1 actually speaks out, maybe if people stop denying the truth - MAYBE something changes. You r just a piece of the problem.

- Ashref M.

 
At 8:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your video, your stories, and the way you
introducing the member of your team and presenting
historical sites in the videos. I am totally agreed
with the comments you all had about Egypt. I felt the
same way when I was there too. I remembered I told you
that before that one guy was following me all day to
have me talking him a picture when I was in Egypt, and
I really didn't want to waste a film on him until the
end of the day, I felt sorry for him and took a
picture of him, and he asked for the tip right away. I
loved the part you asked them back for the tip in your
video.

Lianna

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home