Sunday, December 16, 2007

Cultural Exhange

I know that some of you out there don't understand the benefits of hosting, so I thought that I would show you a few (too many would bore you) of the comments that we have received from some of the people with whom we have stayed and become friends with. We love the exchanging of stories and life styles. So here we go.......


We met via Couch Surfing, and I hosted five of them for several wonderful days! I love this family, and I hope to meet them again anywhere in this world--or the next. I would trust any member of Watkins Travel with my life, my home, my car, my money--you name it. These folks live their values, and their values are the finest. I hope to know them forever and a day!

Watkins are the BEST guests, so host them--even if you live in a bed-sit. They have perfected the art of travel, and they have more integrity, honesty, respect, generosity, and humor than any folks you will ever meet. North America could not have better goodwill ambassadors, for they embody all that's good about it and none of the bad. I really cannot find enough fine things to say about this truly amazing family. And they have so much love and respect for one another and themselves that it's contagious. A day with these folks will change your life for the better, and you will learn more about our planet from them that reading a library of books, and you will understand what the term "family values" really means. And please, if you are lucky enough to host them, please treat them with kindness and respect. I can't wait for the book, film, and television series of their lives and adventures! As for the passport check, Ammon's passport tells a tale that will blow you away! I've seen tons of passports, but his is unique and deserving of a novel. You really have to see it to believe it! Be well, my friends! And come back to Ireland anytime, for you will always have a place in my home, just as you do in my heart! Thank you for enriching my life!

They were our guests in Malta for just two nights.
Hosting them was indeed an experience I'll be talking about for a long time. Every one of them is quite special and they have lots of tales to tell. Good luck in your journey and I hope to meet you again in Malta or even Turkey.
We met at an HC meeting in Malta

They're such a wonderful family. The bonds between them must be really strong to manage this long trip around the world together with the least of glitches. Keep it up and enjoy travelling. I hope that our paths will cross again some day and I'll keep you in mind for a trip on my ship once I become a captain :)

met them at Mario's place on Gozo and then "stole" them from him and took them with me to Gokhan and Seyda on Malta
what an amazing family! I was fascinated immediately - I had never met a family like them that traveled the world for such a long time. Never even heard of one. Apart from their great stories and outgoing and friendly personalities, it was a pleasure to sit back and observe the way they communicate among themselves, which is probably the real wonder or secret of their amazing journey. So if they contact you: don't worry about hosting the 5 or 6 of them at the same time, if need be, they all fit into a closet or a small room. You'll be rewarded by getting to know a group of travelers like no other...one that I certainly will not forget and which I'll probably talk on and on about to other people. Simply amazing. Good luck in Africa and if you change your mind and come back to Europe - you're always welcome in Germany!

These people are definitely an inspiring bunch. I am sorry I couldn't spend more time talking to them as they have a unique perspective on certain things and are a source of courage and determination for the rest of us. I hope they pass by Bulgaria again in their wanderings.

......Again we would love to thank all our great hosts !! Without you our trip would never have given us the same feel of the world, its people, and their fantastic hospitality. Hopefully some day we will be able to reciprocate.
Maggie and the rest of the family

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home