Saturday, June 27, 2009

Divemaster

It's official now. Today I did the last of the requirements and I am now signed off as a new Divemaster!! What a great experience. I've had a lot of fun with this and the last few days have been perfect. I've been leading fun divers as my final tasks and the visibility was perfect and we just had a great time. I'm now an underwater tour guide, haha.
At the same time I can't not just sit here and wonder about the weirdness of life. Did I actually just do this? I still have trouble believing it. I am not supposed to like this kind of thing..... I finished in less than a month which is faster than most around here and I really haven't thought much about what exactly is next so don't ask.
I guess I will try to stick around here for a while and beg for work but I have to leave Thailand in a couple days because my visa will run out. I need to go back to Malaysia to apply for a new one so I will probably go back to Penang for a day or two. I'll let you know how that goes when I get through with it. It'll be the first time I'll actually go anywhere on my own so it'll probably be really strange and really emphasize how much the trip has changed. Honestly I've been so busy diving and with new friends here and trying to stay healthy that I haven't given a lot of thought to anything off this island. At the same time I guess they haven't given me much thought either because I have no idea what anyone else is up to although I have noticed that there are new photos up for you guys to look at.
Ammon

1 Comments:

At 10:21 AM , Blogger The Bear said...

Hey Ammon,
I'm still here bud. Just missed your post last time I was here and left messages. By now you will have gotten your visa, just in time for the rainy season. Have you seen much flooding? The news has been rife with stories of it. Congrats on the divemaster, very cool, now on to more certifications, and experiences in the water.
Hope you are well, and being careful.

Love and Big Bear Hugs
The BEar

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home