Monday, April 26, 2010

The end is near

Ok, just a quick update. I actually had no internet access for a while and had to venture outside for a change to amuse myself. What an interesting turn of events that turned out to be. It cost me a lot more though, haha. I started actually eating out, getting massages, shopping for my upcoming life in Australia, and, gasp, clubbing. Yes, I was actually that desperate for entertainment that I actually succumbed to the invites by my students to join them out on the town. They've only been asking me for months, haha. It was ok, but honestly, Iloilo is a pretty small city with not a lot of excitement. I did venture a little further abroad to some villages up to a few hours away, and had a nice warm swim on yet another large and beautiful beach in the Philippines.
April and May are the summer months in this country so it is very hot and dry these days further exacerbated by the El Nino year. The Koreans keep getting sick, blaming the weather, but I love it. What I'm sick of is the teaching. I need something new and will be happy to leave the school. It is my last week of classes this week and then I'm off to visit friends and have some fun with my last few weeks in this country. Of course that means I have a lot to prepare at the moment, the biggest concern being what to do with all the junk I've accumulated in the last year of not really travelling. A package will be sent home, but I still think I will have too much stuff. Grrr.... Life was much simpler when all I had to do was wander and didn't have anything with me, lol.
The longer I'm here though the more I like this country, it's people and it's quirkiness. Just wait a little longer guys and this blog will turn into a travel blog again ;)
Ammon

4 Comments:

At 10:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're sending your stuff "home".

Where exactly is that?

 
At 1:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vancouver Canada!!!

You can never really escape 'home' ;)

 
At 2:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ammon,
Good to hear from ya, I know what you mean about the stuff accumulating, it gets worse when you have your own place. I wasn't sure if you had left already or just decided to stay forever. I can't wait to hear your comments of Auz, after Philipines it should be quite a shock. Not to mention the linguistic differences. Oh by the way done use the term "Mate" unless you really know the person.
We are off to see the wet coast and Pop again. Will keep checking, good luck on the next stage of adventure.

Love and Big Bear Hugs
The Bear

 
At 4:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well now Amo, going to be good to see you here in Aus after such a long time, just as my precious little Bre leaves my life you enter it!
Looking forward to having some adventure with you very soon buddy.
Enjoy the last part of you time there
Ben :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home